Thursday, September 10, 2009

Plan 'Z' Motion!

My idea is to animate variations of 'Z' throughout history with a kind of sub-narrative about creativity as resistance. It will start with the proto-Semitic 'Z' which is an "=". It will then become an 'I,' the Phoenician symbol pronounced "zayin." I would like to align 'I', '=' and 10th century Visigothic miniscule symbol for 'Z' which looks very dagger-like and more akin to Arabic script than Latin, to communicate the self as a weapon, the mind, the imagination, and the ability to empower ourselves and others through creativity, the intended message being "I = Weapon" or " The 'I' (self) is a weapon," except all symbols are actually a version of 'Z.' I want to use a multiplicity of the forms 'Z' has taken throughout time, and incorporate the names of people(s) or ideas that involve Zs and are a force of creative resistance. I really want to use the phrase "I'm just sayin'" as "I'm just zayin'" somewhere, to tie together our own autonomous control of language and the Phoenician name for their variation of 'Z.' :)

<3 E

No comments:

Post a Comment