Tuesday, November 10, 2009

GIRL ISLAND: A DREAM OF EXPATRIATION


So, I would like to announce that I am scraping my previous final project idea. I have decided that I do not have the emotional/mental/physical energy and space in my life to execute that project at this time.

INSTEAD, I am going to make an animation about why I want to expatriate to a mythical girl island. What I want to explore are the plethora of reasons a member of the "most privileged" nation in the world would choose to leave, as well as the inability to locate a place in the contemporary, physical world that suits my dreams of expatriation. Thus, the longing for girl island, a place that I am pretty sure only exists as a place that I enter into when I connect with other semi-feral girl children (and I mean this to describe their spirits regardless of gender, age, etc) that is not specific to a physical place at all. I want the animation to have the feeling of the happenings in my brain. I think that I will mostly just need honest feedback and positive reinforcement as I embark on this project. I think from carrying out this project I might better understand and navigate my own desires!

I think I will have to revisit Monique Wittig's Les Guérillèras for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment