Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Last Break-up Poem I Hope to Ever Write

Yesterday afternoon, as I walked to my Wednesday evening class, I wrote a poem in my head. I was thinking about how "writers" might process an ended relationship differently. For example, someone who is into astrology might say "I should have known the moment s/he told me s/he was a Libra. Air and fire is a dangerous desire." (And I did say that latter part...in a song I wrote while waiting for the bus in 2007--"his wind will blow your flames so wide, from yr heart's burning no one will be spared/others said there's more fish in the sea/he said 'don't risk yr world for me'/but I'm not a fisher of fish/I'm a dreamer in a jaded skin/and I let you in I let you I let you in.") I have determined in retrospect that this relationship was completely unworthy of such eloquent, poetic measures.

So, anyway, I was thinking about a sign that is maybe more important: who their favorite author was. In the instance of the specific relationship I am talking about in my new super romantical poem, this is especially important. So, here is the last break-up poem that I hope to ever write, a goodbye to the genre, if you will, as I do not wish to ever separate from the sweet prince I currently run with.

No comments:

Post a Comment