Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Response to Final Project Feedback

People like the way the text flows...the making of a word and the remaking of a word by adding a letter or two. (It is totally true that I never realized the phrase "I can" is contained within "American" until I made this project. Fitting.) Others dream of expatriation, think the wooden womb cutout works perfectly because something that is carved seems so much more permanent, which is what "the fatherland's" mothers seem to want for their daughters: "an American identity that is permanently carved into our skin." People like the images used to illustrate the text generally, think they work well...want me to consider keeping the images up longer so viewers may contemplate them. Others dream of expatriation and would like to come inside my own. How very flattering...they think my animation works well to support my writing. :D Yaaaaaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment