Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What I Have Learned in This Class

This class has been very a much needed reinforcement of my ideas, strategies and abilities. I feel like everything I wanted to do I was allowed to do, that I was encouraged to have my voice and to develop it, from start to finish. It was very refreshing to be able to write how I want to write, in the way which is most effective in my eyes, which feels the most true to what I am saying, without the distance of the academic voice and inevitable lapses in the transmission of meaning it creates. This class has helped me realize ways to engage others in writing, as well as to incorporate technology into my future classroom in radical and innovative ways that I can sorta get behind...though I still don't think I will ever take students to a computer lab without first fostering a discussion about electronic waste and groundwater pollution and how it disproportionately affects people in less developed countries who cook their dinner in the same pots with which they melt down metal from computer scraps. (Gotta gotta get up; get down.) You (Anne) have proved what I have always thought might be true: that the best way to teach is to create a space that people want to create in. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment