Thursday, December 10, 2009

LearningzZzZZzzzzzZZzzZzzzZzzZzz

What helped me most with my learning process this semester was the emphasis on collaboration and peer review, alongside your encouragement to use our own voice and develop forms of writing that work toward the content of our writing. Additionally, I found the way you planned the assignments out to be very helpful. Though it was a lot of work, it never felt like it was going to crush me, it was paced out very well. Alongside pacing it out well, you also checked in with us frequently; having drafts due consistently made sure that I was on top of my projects, so I never experienced the stress derived from procrastination. However, it did help that this was my favorite class: I never felt like procrastinating on my animated writing work. Beyond all of that, I really loved a lot of the writers and writings we were introduced to in this class, many of which I took inspiration from--especially DiPrima and Maso.

I think what helped me most in the class was having content that was riveting, which I could derive meaning from in intersection with the prior knowledge I brought to the class, in combination with a form that was the right blend of flexibility and control for my personality.

Getting work done in this class was never burdened by stress or anxiety...I always felt excited to do the work for this class...sometimes, toward the end of an animation I would feel stress or anxiety about the resolution to it, or the inability to do with it what I would like to within the time constraints, but maybe that just shows that I am becoming more of the kind of writer/teacher Sirc describes in the article you made available to me: a constant reader/writer/reviser, my work developing a strong life inside of me, giving birth to countless visions and revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment